Mint frosted brownies topped with melted chocolate and Andes Crème de Menthe mint candies
I know, I know. I’ve posted way too much chocolate here on URBAN BAKES. I promise you, by next week I’ll have something completely different. I wanted to post these just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. You can’t deny it, the color and mint flavor fits perfectly for the holiday. Well, to tell you the truth, I made these before Valentine’s Day and had a cute catchy title for them. For whatever reason, I never got around to posting it so now’s the time to do it. In light of yesterday’s Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich post (since I usually publish 2 to 3 times a week), I’ll make this one short and sweet because tomorrow I have another one. A BIG ONE so keep your eyes peeled for that. You’re gonna love it!
These brownies were of my own classic brownie recipe which means… super fudgy, just the way I like it. I topped them with a crème de menthe-flavored buttercream and melted chocolate which gave the brownies a beautiful sheen finish. While still wet, I embellished the top with triangular-chopped Andes mints to give it added height and a more intense pop of mint flavor. This recipe was surprisingly easy to do and a lot of fun. I would highly recommend everyone to try this recipe at least once to see for yourself how quick and easy it is to do.
Try these Classic One-Bowl Fudge Brownies!Print
- 1 recipe of Classic Brownies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2–3 drops Crème de Menthe flavoring or mint extract
- green food coloring
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- small bag Andes Crème de Menthe candies, chopped
- For the frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in milk and flavoring.
- Once completely mixed, stir in food coloring a little at time. Note: a small amount goes a long way.
- Spread evenly over cooled brownies. Then cut brownies into squares.
- For the chocolate spread, in a small bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips in microwave on HIGH heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted; stir between each interval set aside to cool slightly.
- Spoon melted chocolate over buttercream and garnish with Andes mints.
- Allow melted chocolate to slightly harden. ENJOY!
Topping-only for Andes Mint Chocolate Brownie recipe was adapted from (p.97) “Grasshopper Brownies” by Wilton Brownie Fun.