Caramel-filled chocolate chips baked into banana cupcakes and topped with a banana-flavored chocolate frosting!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup (240 grams) water
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- 1 cup (255 grams) or 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups (255 grams) NESTLÉ Toll House DelightFulls caramel filled chocolate morsels or semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (85 grams) semisweet chocolate morsels, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tablespoon banana emulsion or 1 tablespoon banana extract
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) milk
- 4 to 5 cups (460 to 575 grams) powdered sugar
- CUPCAKES: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place a paper baking cup into each of the 24 cupcake wells; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat the white cake mix, water, oil and eggs until just combined. Fold in banana and chocolate morsels. Fill each baking cup about 3/4 full, about 1/4 cup of batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs. Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- FROSTING: In a large bowl on medium speed, beat butter and chocolate until blended. Mix in banana emulsion/extract and milk.
- Gradually add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until completely blended. Note: for thicker consistency, add more powdered sugar by 1/2 cup at a time; to reverse thick frosting, increase milk by 1/2 tablespoon at a time and mix well.
- ASSEMBLY: Fill a pastry bag with chocolate frosting using a closed star tip (I used #1D). Pipe swirls in one direction. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cupcakes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana and chocolate cupcakes, banana cupcakes, nestle chocolate