Have these scrumptious Banana and Chocolate Espresso Muffins your way whether it’s breakfast or dessert!
CONSIDERATION WAS PROVIDED BY AVACRAFT.
It feels good to be back! After taking much time away from blogging, whipping up something new reminded me why I loved baking in the first place. I kept it simple to get my feet wet, sort to speak. As much as I would love to bake a layered cake, I’m holding off a little longer until I get my kitchen supplies from storage. But good news!
In about a month, just before Christmas, I’ll be traveling to New York and road tripping back to Arizona with my two furbabies AND all of my belongings from storage!! I am SO EXCITED! To finally get all of my supplies, clothes, shoes, décor, and just… Everything! I am seriously jumping for joy! It’s been two years since my babies have been with me and two years since I’ve seen everything I own! Now do you get why I’m exited? 😀
Despite all of the kitchenware I’ll obtain, there are a few items I have on my wish list. One so happens to be these wonderful stainless steel mixing bowls by Avacraft.
I came across these durable bowls for the first time earlier this year at a friends house. I remember while using it I thought ‘the silicone non-skid bottoms were the best invention to home cooks!’ Do you know how many times I’ve mixed batter and had the bowl slip out from under my hand? Too many. Needless to say for the most part, the silicone bottom and handle does help prevent this from happening.
So before I go on about these amazing muffins, I want to dive right into these bowls for a minute.
I was contacted by the owner and creator of the Avacraft brand who gave me a set of the 18/10 stainless steel mixing bowls to try and I gladly accepted. After all, I’ve been on the market for these and haven’t found them in the local stores around. If you’re looking for them, they’re sold on Amazon.
A great quality I absolutely love second to its functionality is, its easy storage. All three bowls fit into one another even with having the silicone handle on the side. Oh! Let’s not forget the pour spout and imprinted measurements on the interior which is great for liquids.
They’re available in 3 convenient sizes (1.5-, 3-, and 5-quart) which I honestly couldn’t be happier with. They sure beats my plastic bowls by 100%! It’s perfect for all mixing and storing of food with its airtight lids. It’s a simple but very convenient product I highly recommend. If you’re looking for them too, don’t forget you can find it HERE.
Now onto these gorgeous muffins!
I have a soft spot for banana and chocolate and the swirl effect seriously gets me every time. It’s so fun to swirl right before you pop the pan in the oven. And it’s scent is very warm and welcoming. This muffins in particular have the most tender, cakey crumb and the chocolate-espresso gives just the right amount of contrast to the lightly sweetened banana flavor. This is one muffin I can honestly say I’ve had for breakfast and for dessert! No judgement okay? 😉Print
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Using a baking spray with flour, generously coat 12 to 15 muffin cups; set aside.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate together with espresso powder for 30 seconds, stir and continue melting in 15 second intervals until 75 % of chocolate has melted. Continue stirring until all chocolate has completely melted; set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, mix mashed bananas, eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Add mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Do not overmix.
- In the same medium bowl, retain 1 cup of banana batter and mix with melted chocolate-espresso mixture.
- Spoon banana batter into each muffin cup about two-thirds full. Spoon chocolate-espresso batter over the banana batter and using a toothpick, create swirls.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. ENJOY!
Banana Chocolate Espresso Swirl Muffins recipe adapted from p. 50 Bake From Scratch – Winter 2016.