- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon shortening for greasing
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 banana extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. On a large cookie sheet, line with parchment paper or a silicone mat or grease with shortening/baking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in banana, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Add in flour-mixture, stir. Fold in walnuts.
- Grease hands with shortening. Divide dough evenly in half for larger biscottis. For smaller biscottis, divide dough into 4 parts.
- On the prepared cookie sheet, shape each part into a flattened rectangle with rounded ends. Do not cut loaves.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp bread knife, cut each loaf crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place slices cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn cookies and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until dry. Cool completely.
- For the glaze: In small bowl, mix confectioners sugar, milk and banana extract.
- Pour glaze into a corner of a small plastic sandwich/snack bag, seal and push glaze to one corner.
- Using scissors, snip the corner and pour lengthwise over cooled biscottis. Allow to dry or eat as is. ENJOY!
Do not use vegetable oil spreads.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes