Soft vanilla notes from the banana, a punch of tartness from the fresh cranberries, and a nice bite of toasted walnuts creates a match in heaven! Ultra Gooey and Lightly Spiced, these Banana Walnut and Cranberry Bars can be the perfect morning treat or midday fuel to keep you going!
- 3/4 cup (82 grams) chopped walnuts
- 2 overripe bananas (162 grams), mashed
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (144 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 200°F (93°C). Generously coat the bottom and sides of an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking pan with baking spray with flour; set aside.
- Evenly spread walnuts over a small baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Transfer walnuts to a clean sheet of parchment paper to cool back to room temperature. Increase oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix banana, oil, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda. Stir in the banana mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the walnut and cranberries. Be sure to not overmix. Spread mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the top is browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow at least 2 hours to set and cool to room temperature before cutting. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooling time: 2 hours
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: banana nut, cranberry banana, energy bars, banana walnut bars, banana walnut and cranberry bars