- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 stem celery, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano, shaved
- Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion, carrot and celery with oil.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Incorporate the tomatoes and water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water according to the package directions. Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
OPTIONAL: After the meat is browned, you can deglaze the sauce by adding the wine and let it reduce all the way.
- Cuisine: Italian