Light and Fluffy Belgian Waffles with Crisp Edges can Easily be Made in the Comfort of Your Home. Top it with Chilled Crème Fraîche Sweetened with Pure Honey and Vanilla!
- 1 3/4 cups (420 grams) oat milk or whole milk
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 grams) instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) salt
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon (21 grams) honey
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) pure vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium-low heat until butter is melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to the touch.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Gradually mix in milk-mixture, stir until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, gently mix crème fraîche, honey and vanilla. Add more honey and vanilla 1/2 teaspoon at a time to taste. Be sure to not over mix as this could create lumps in the crème fraîche. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat waffle iron. When waffle iron is hot, remove the bowl of batter from the fridge. The batter should appear foamy and have risen. Stir a few times to deflate and bring the batter together.
- Evenly pour about a 1/2 cup of batter into the hot waffle iron. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once cooked, transfer to a wire rack. Once all waffles are cooked, plate and spread honey vanilla crème fraîche and fresh fruit.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Wait Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes