- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh blackberries
- special equipment suggested: a 9-inch springform baking pan and non-stick baking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your 9-inch springform pan with baking spray. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. In a separate, large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, almond flour and salt. Add these dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture and mix together on a low setting. Once everything has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to a higher setting and mix well for just a minute or two.
- Add in the sour cream and beat until smooth and thoroughly combined into the batter. Pour the batter into the springform baking pan and sprinkle on the fresh blackberries, pressing down very gently if desired. Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until set. A cake tester will come out slightly wet in the center only but the cake should stay still when jiggled. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool completely before serving.
- Cuisine: American