- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 10 tablespoons salted butter, sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond granola (optional)
- In medium saucepan, bring all compote ingredients to a boil for 1 minute. Mash about half of the blueberries to release its juice. Decrease heat and allow to simmer until syrup has thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Lightly beat in buttermilk and egg. Batter may be slightly lumpy. Do not over mix.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of salted butter until it becomes a golden brown and has a nutty aroma, about 1 minute.
- Gently pour about 1/4 cup of batter into center of pan to form a uniform 4-inch circle of batter.
- Once the popping of bubbles from pancakes has begun to cease and you clearly see a brown ring formed from the edge of the pancake when slightly raised by a spatula, decrease heat to medium-low and flip. Cook bottom side for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove pancake from pan and onto a plate.
- Continue steps 4-6 until all of the batter has been used. Top each pancake with a spoonful of yogurt and blueberry compote. Sprinkle granola. ENJOY!
To prevent overly browned spots on pancakes, wipe skillet with a paper towel before each pancake.
Or quickly rinse skillet in luke warm water facing pan away from you. (Not highly recommended as it may cause pan to warp and/or skin burns from splatters of melted butter however, this is what I do). Practice at your own risk.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes