- 1 pound (454 grams) butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (28 to 42 grams) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) box (340 grams) Barilla® Pronto™ rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) salted butter
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh sage, minced
- Heat oven to 400°F (205°C). Place a silicone baking mat or parchment paper onto a large baking sheet. Spread cubed butternut squash onto the prepared pan and drizzle oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until desired softness is reached.
- In a large 12 inch (30.5 cm) skillet set over medium-high heat, place rotini pasta in with 3 cups of water or enough to cover the entire pasta. Allow pasta to cook for 10 minutes. No boiling is required.
- Meanwhile, in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and continue to cook until it becomes brown in color, about 5-8 minutes.
- Once butter has browned, quickly add heavy cream; stir. Stir in sage and allow it to simmer for 2 minutes. Add cheese and stir until just combined.
- Mix the parmesan brown butter sage sauce into the pasta. Once butternut squash is ready, gently mix into the pasta. Serve warm. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes