A warm and thick brown sugar sauce rests at the bottom of an easy-to-make Caramel Pecan Pudding Cake just waiting to be drizzled over the top!
- 1 1/4 cups (150 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (117 grams) pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (360 grams) water, (120°F/50°C to 130°F/55°C)
- 1 to 3 scoops vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Set an ungreased 8 inch baking dish or an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking pan aside. Note: be sure the bakeware is at minimum 3 inches deep.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in pecans, buttermilk and butter. Batter will be very thick. Evenly spread batter into the baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk brown sugar into the water until the sugar is dissolved. Pour liquid over the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Best served warm with a scoop of ice cream on the side with drizzled caramel from the bottom of the cake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel cake, pudding cake, caramel pecan dessert