These are the BEST blondies you’ll ever eat. With a nutty toffee base, chewy caramel center and a light crunchy top, all in the most buttery-moist blondie ever! You’ll find it difficult saying no to another bite.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 (8 oz.) bag toffee chips, divided
- 1 (14 oz.) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving excess foil hang over the sides for easy removal. Lightly grease bottom and sides of foil; set aside.
- In large bowl, melt butter in microwave on high at 30 second intervals. Stop microwave when 75% of butter has melted. Stir and set aside to slightly cool.
- Mix in sugars, whole eggs plus egg yolks and vanilla until just combined. Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Separate 2 cups of blondie batter into a small bowl and stir in 6 oz. of toffee chips. Pour this batter evenly into baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place caramels into a small bowl with heavy cream and melt in microwave on HIGH at 30 second intervals stirring in between each interval. May take up to 3 minutes for caramels to completely melt. Pour over toffee-blondie crust.
- Gently blot the remaining blondie batter over the caramel sauce. An angled spatula may be needed to evenly spread batter. Sprinkle remaining 2 oz. of toffee chips over the batter.
- Continue to bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature before cutting into squares. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Cuisine: American