- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4–6 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbs form to the size of rice grains.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg. Add in dried cherries, chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour mixture into the buttered flour mixture and stir.
- Gradually add cream 1 tablespoon at a time until dough leaves the sides of the bowl.
- On a floured surface, knead dough about 10 times. Transfer to an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten dough to a 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness. Glaze top with additional cream.
- Cut to perforate scones to desired shapes. Do not separate.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until top is golden brown. Re-run a knife through the wedges and separate to cool. Best served warm. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes