A Grab-and-Go Rich, Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip and Oat Zucchini Muffins made from scratch.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
‘Tis the season for back-to-school! Excited?
For all the parents, I can almost hear you shout, “YESS!” As for the ones going to school, look I understand, maybe you’re not excited but hey, that’s okay. I’ve been there too which is why I had you in mind to make your early mornings a little easier with a grab-and-go chocolate chip breakfast muffin.
Thanks to Shamrock Farms sour cream, we partnered again to make you something on the sweeter side and this time, baked! You know what that means, right? You can make these babies the night before and snatch one out the door before heading out for the day. In my case, that would be work. Definitely not a morning person and since I’m always in a rush, having a bite to eat that’s quick is exactly what I need!
You may remember my last collab with Shamrock Farms when these tasty fish tacos were made. Fast forward 5 months and this family-owned Arizona farm face-lifted their packaging with a Fresh NEW green lid making it easier to spot in your local dairy case.
The quality remains the same and with 1 full cup of their smooth sour cream, these muffins are no wonder, full of richness! Fluffy and tender too! See up close in the image below of its beautiful crumb and specks of chocolate.
One thing to note, there is also oats and 1./2 cup of fresh zucchini! While still in season, this is the best time to sneak in this Summer veggie into your kids meals [wink-wink]. What’s even more amazing about zucchini, it doesn’t alter the taste yet you still get the nutritional benefits of vitamins A and C and fiber too! Now that’s worth making!
So go on, indulge in the richness of these homemade sour cream muffins, minus the guilt. I am certain you will feel like you’re eating a traditional bakery style chocolate chip muffin!
A Great Grab-and-Go Rich, Bakery-Style Sour Cream Muffins made from scratch.
1 1/2 cups (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (2 ounces) old-fashioned oats
1 tablespoon (0.4 ounce or 11 grams) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (3.5 ounces) mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup (2.5 ounces) zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
1 large egg
1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line paper baking cups into each well of a muffin pan or spray wells generously with baking spray with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, oats, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg, about 20 seconds. Add sugar and whisk vigorously until light and thick, about 30 seconds. Add butter about a tablespoon at a time and whisk after each addition. Whisk in sour cream in 2 additions, until just combined.
- Gently mix in zucchini to the flour mixture. Use fingers or a long-tined fork to separate any clumps.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold sour cream mixture into the flour mixture until batter comes together. Do not over mix. Batter will be thick.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop, evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to further cool before serving. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini muffins, chocolate chip muffins, chocolate and oats
Amazing Muffins to Try!
- Praline Pumpkin BreadGet cozy with the warm scent of Praline Pumpkin Bread. Just sweet enough with a perfect tender crumb and an incredibly nutty crunch of pecans and sweet caramel glaze.
- Maple Brown Sugar BlondiesBefore these chewy maple brown sugar blondies have finished baking, its rich buttery goodness and immense maple aroma will have you desperately crave a bite!
- Bourbon Caramel Apple CrispTake a bite into this delightful mix of sweet and tart tender apples beneath an oat crisp that’s baked to perfection. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream and as much of this amazing homemade bourbon caramel sauce your heart desires.
- Maple Pecan Double Chocolate Banana BreadSoft and luscious Chocolate Banana Bread sweetened with pure maple is studded with toasted pecans throughout. For any chocolate banana lover, this is the perfect sweet escape.
- Italian Cream CupcakesLuscious Italian Cream Cupcakes have an incredible delicate crumb and are capped with sweetened cream cheese frosting. Studded with toasted pecans and shredded coconut throughout allows its creamy and nutty flavors to emerge in every bite.