- 1 box devil’s food/dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup Malibu rum
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Malibu rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1–2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13 x 9-inch pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs. Pour into pan.
- Bake for 35 to 38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In large chilled bowl, stir whipping cream, both milks and rum; set aside.
- Using a long-tined fork, pierce top of hot cake approximately every half-inch.
- Pour whipping cream mixture evenly over hot cake. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until most of the whipping cream mixture is absorbed into the cake.
- In large chilled bowl using an electric mixer, beat whipping cream, rum, sugar and vanilla on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake with whipped cream and evenly sprinkle toasted coconut.
- Serve chilled and store covered in refrigerator. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Cuisine: American