Is it cold where you live? Are you avoiding stepping out to use the grill? If you have a small electric countertop grill in your kitchen, then you already know cooking homemade burgers can be a cinch and enjoyed any time of the year! Truth be told, I personally don’t work well with open flames (too scared; unless I’m making s’mores, then suddenly I’m okay). For now, a portable grill is the safest choice for me. Plus, these burgers and fries can be whipped up in 30 minutes! Quick and easy.
It does help using my one of my favorite cooking essentials, PAM Cooking Spray. For years, I’ve used PAM in every recipe made! Whether it’s cooking, baking, or grilling, PAM truly is my go-to. Cannot live without it. By habit, when I first enter someone’s kitchen at the start of any cooking, this is one of the first ingredients I look for. I have to ensure my food and cookware is protected.
Oh, and let’s not forget how much time is saved using PAM! Cleanup is hassle-free. No need to discard oils or butter into a separate container (for those who avoid pouring fat down the kitchen sink), and scrubbing is not needed. Egg whites, lean meats (such as these burgers) and lightly fried pasta dishes, to name a few, slide right off the pan and less fat is involved! To me, this is the best part.
Less food wasted in addition to less time spent cleaning, which allows more time to do what is really important when sharing a meal with others—spending more time together with friends and family. In my case, I always enjoy a good home-cooked meal shared with a friend while watching practically anything on the Bravo channel.
With all the planning that goes into putting together the perfect dish, using PAM Cooking Spray is a sensible way to save time in the kitchen. When you use PAM, you spend less time cleaning up in the kitchen, allowing for more time to be spent with the ones you love. Bonus? PAM Cooking Spray leaves 99% less residue than leading brands of margarine or bargain-brand sprays*, so your dishes will turn out great and you’ll spend less time cleaning up.
*vs. leading cooking sprays (except olive oil), after spraying on glass bakeware, baking at 400°F for 30 minutes, cooling, and then washing in standard home dishwasher with detergent and repeating four times!Print
BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES
- PAM Cooking Spray
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 90% lean ground beef patties
- 2 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 burger buns
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously spray a large sheet pan with PAM Cooking Spray. Place sweet potato strips about ½ inch from each other. Sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until center of fries become soft and the outside becomes lightly browned. Remove from oven, flip each fry and sprinkle additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a custard dish, mix melted butter, garlic and parsley; set aside.
- In another custard dish, mix ketchup and mayonnaise together until just combined; set aside.
- Heat electric grill and spray heating surface with PAM Cooking Spray. Salt and pepper beef patties and place on grill. Cook for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Transfer patties onto a plate and place 1 slice of cheese over each. Toast the open buns by laying them onto the hot grill while the cheese melts over the burger.
- Once ready, spread about 1 tablespoon of tomato-mayo sauce over the bottom half of the burger; lay burger with melted cheese over sauce. Brush garlic herbed butter over the cheese, and layer tomatoes and lettuce and cover with top bun. ENJOY!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post brought to you by PAM Cooking Spray. All opinions within this post are and will always be my own. Thank you for following along with the trusted brands I use to help me bring you more fun and delicious recipes!
Burgers & Sandwiches
- Quick and Easy Parmesan Herb Cream BiscuitsQuick and Easy Parmesan Herb Cream Biscuits can be made in under an hour! They’re deliciously addicting. Soft and warm with flavors of parmesan, herb and cream much like fresh churned butter.
- Walnut BrowniesWalnut Brownies takes any traditional brownie up a notch with its toasted nutty bite mixed in all its rich chocolate glory.
- Banana Walnut and Cranberry BarsSoft vanilla notes from the banana, a punch of tartness from the fresh cranberries, and a nice bite of toasted walnuts creates a match in heaven! Ultra Gooey and Lightly Spiced, these Banana Walnut and Cranberry Bars can be the perfect morning treat or midday fuel to keep you going!
- Sweet Cornbread with Cinnamon Honey ButterThis Sweet Cornbread is perfectly balanced – Lightly sweet and tender. Made with Browned Butter to create a deep buttery flavor and slathered with homemade Whipped Cinnamon Honey Butter and drizzled honey for a sweeter finish!
- Vanilla Chai Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone FrostingVanilla Chai Cake is uniquely full of warmth with its softly sweetened chai spices throughout. Pairing beautifully with Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting that delivers such richness and creaminess that makes taking a bite into this chai cake, reminiscent of drinking a cup of creamy chai tea.