A rich buttery blondie with a hint of chocolate, a nutty crunch of toasted pecans, and a sense of the tropics with coconut, all in a single bite!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups shredded sweetened or unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup shelled pecans, chopped and toasted
- ½ cup milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil leaving extra hang over 2 opposite sides for easy removal. Evenly grease bottom and sides of foil with a baking spray with flour; set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter, sugars, eggs with yolks and vanilla for about 3 minutes. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Fold in coconut, pecans and both chips into the batter. Pour and spread batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown with a shiny coat and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: congo bars, blondies