It’s now the beginning of the New Year; the time we tell ourselves to hit the gym more often, eat healthier, and perhaps change one other aspect of our personal lives. Do we keep them all? Barely. And if you do, I tip my hat off to you. Please teach me how.
However, there are simple steps you can take if you’re looking to make adjustments in your diet. And no, I’m not referring to the fad diets. No way! I’m talking about your daily diet, especially if it includes baked goods. Foods that are made at home with now a simple alternative to help reduce the number of calories! Sure, one way is to consume smaller portions but do you really want to slice your cake super thin? I didn’t think so. A more realistic approach would be to reduce the number of calories in your favorite baked goods with Born Sweet® Zing™ Baking Blend.
Zing™ Baking Blend is made with real ingredients-nothing artificial. It is a combination of stevia leaf extract and pure cane sugar. The best part of this blend which is surprisingly amazing, it’s only 5 calories per serving and it bakes and browns just like sugar! Talk about sweetening up with fewer calories! AND it has an easy-pour spout and snap-closed lid making measuring a piece of cake! (pun intended)
So if you’re looking for a rich cake that is dense and light, like how all pound cakes should be, with a speckle of citrus zest throughout, look no further. The fresh cranberries also play a nice addition in giving this loaf a bite of tartness. Pour on my easy-to-make citrus glaze that is also made with Zing™ Baking Blend and you’ll experience a moment of bliss.Print
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Zing™ Baking Blend
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated citrus peel (orange or mandarin)
- 6 tablespoons Zing™ Baking Blend
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a baking spray with flour, generously coat the bottom and sides of a 9×5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together the butter and Zing™ Baking Blend until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Beat in eggs one at a time until just combined. Mix in orange juice and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until just combined. Fold in cranberries and grated citrus peel. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Cool cake completely before pouring glaze on top.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook Zing™ Baking Blend and orange juice until sugar completely dissolves. Allow glaze to cool for 10 minutes before pouring generously over cake. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry Orange, cranberry pound Cake
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are and will always be my own.
Pound Cake Recipes
More Cranberry Recipes
- Sweet Cornbread with Cinnamon Honey ButterThis Sweet Cornbread is perfectly balanced – Lightly sweet and tender. Made with Browned Butter to create a deep buttery flavor and slathered with homemade Whipped Cinnamon Honey Butter and drizzled honey for a sweeter finish!
- Vanilla Chai Cake with Vanilla Mascarpone FrostingVanilla Chai Cake is uniquely full of warmth with its softly sweetened chai spices throughout. Pairing beautifully with Vanilla Mascarpone Frosting that delivers such richness and creaminess that makes taking a bite into this chai cake, reminiscent of drinking a cup of creamy chai tea.
- Cranberry Orange Olive Oil CakeThis Cranberry Orange Olive Oil Cake has a highly refined fruitiness from extra virgin olive oil, fresh tart cranberries, and the citrus flavor of navel oranges. It’s a simple seasonal, one-layered cake to be enjoyed amongst your closest friends and family.
- Truffle Mac and CheeseThis Truffle Mac and Cheese can be easily portioned into 4 (6-ounce) ramekins or an 8×8 dish. It’s ultra creamy using a blend of gruyere and sweet cheddar cheeses. Full of buttery garlic and thyme flavors with a special emphasis on the star of it all, truffle, making this dish, a sensational one!
- Caramel Pecan Pudding CakeA warm and thick brown sugar sauce rests at the bottom of an easy-to-make Caramel Pecan Pudding Cake just waiting to be drizzled over the top!