This Cranberry Orange Olive Oil Cake has a highly refined fruitiness from extra virgin olive oil, fresh tart cranberries, and the citrus flavor of navel oranges. It’s a simple seasonal, one-layered cake to be enjoyed amongst your closest friends and family.
- 2 cups (240 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) salt
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (112 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (14 grams) Bertolli extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temp
- 1/4 cup (72 grams) fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) orange zest
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup (58 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sugared cranberries
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour the bottom and sides of an 8 inch (20 cm) round baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a bowl attached to a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment on medium to high speed, beat eggs, sugar and 1/2 cup of oil until smooth and pale yellow, about 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in melted butter, orange juice and orange zest until just combined.
- With the stand mixer on low speed, gradually add in the flour-mixture. Continue to mix until just combined. Stir in sour cream. Fold in 1 cup fresh cranberries. Batter will be thick but do not overmix.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely. While cake is still hot, brush-coat the top with 1 tablespoon of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Once cake is to room temperature, sprinkle the top with powdered sugar. Place sugared cranberries and sprigs of rosemary. Slice and ENJOY! Cake may be stored in the fridge. Best served warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American