- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz. neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 3–5 tablespoons honey
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease bottom and sides of four 4-inch round baking pans; set aside. Note: if using springform pans, rest pans over a cookie sheet to catch any drippings.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla and honey until just combined. Stir in carrots. Fold in flour and baking soda into the carrot mixture. Spoon the batter evenly among the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes; then remove cakes from each pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl using an electric mixer, beat the neufchâtel cheese with 3 tablespoons of honey. Add another tablespoon of honey at a time for added flavor and to increase smoothness, if desired.
- Frost the top of each cake layer with about 1/3 cup of frosting; stack 2 cake layers. ENJOY!
There are several common dog allergies/intolerances that can develop over time which may include and is not limited to certain proteins, corn, wheat and soy. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet can consume any of the listed ingredients found in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Canine
- Serving Size: Ask your veterinarian.