It’s finally here! BAILEYS Irish Cream – Ice Cream, Part 3 of 3 of the:
BAILEYS Irish Cream Brownie Chocolatini
And I couldn’t be more excited to share this with you. It’s truly a one of a kind that surely cannot be sold in stores without proper ID (to make this clear – this is an adult dessert).
This ice cream has the perfect amount of alcohol to give you the same creamy taste and texture of the original BAILEYS Irish Cream beverage. And don’t worry, the subtle alcohol flavor will undoubtedly leave you tipsy off of one cup of ice cream.
You may notice there are more eggs called for in this recipe than in most custard base ice creams and the reason for this is to enhance the binding effect necessary for one cup of BAILEYS Irish Cream. As a side note: alcohol does not freeze therefore adding eggs is a necessary step to aid the freezing process.
Know why I love this recipe? It’s so easy and involves very few steps. Just stir all of the ingredients together in a saucepan to a boil, cool and let the ice cream maker do all the work for you. No need for extra bowls (which mean less dishes to wash), no need for scraping vanilla beans and yes an ice cream maker does help. But if you don’t have one, follow step 5 using the bag technique. 🙂
Part 3 of a 3-part series
Part 1 – BAILEYS Irish Cream Brownie Chocolatini
Part 2 – Homemade One-Bowl Classic Fudge Brownie
Part 3 – Homemade BAILEYS Irish Cream – Ice CreamPrint
Easy Homemade BAILEYS Irish Ice Cream
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 1 1/2 quarts 1x
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup shaved or finely chopped chocolate
- In medium saucepan on medium-high heat, whisk together eggs yolks, sugar, milk, heavy cream, Irish cream and vanilla until combined. To ensure eggs are fully cooked, cook until mixture reaches just to a boil then quickly remove from heat and continuously stir. Mixture will have thickened.
- Pour liquid into a wide shallow pan. Allow to cool until steam is no longer visible when stirred.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.
- Five minutes before mixing of ice cream is completed, add chocolate one spoonful at a time (this will give an even disbursement).
- Freeze for 4 or more hours or serve soft. ENJOY!
- For best results, freeze homemade ice creams for 4 or more hours to fully harden.
- BAILEYS is an alcoholic beverage therefore, freezing time may be longer than nonalcoholic ice creams.
- Connie Chong/URBAN BAKES is in not held responsible for under aged drinking or consumption of alcohol. Please consume responsibly.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes