- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup shaved or finely chopped chocolate
- In medium saucepan on medium-high heat, whisk together eggs yolks, sugar, milk, heavy cream, Irish cream and vanilla until combined. To ensure eggs are fully cooked, cook until mixture reaches just to a boil then quickly remove from heat and continuously stir. Mixture will have thickened.
- Pour liquid into a wide shallow pan. Allow to cool until steam is no longer visible when stirred.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.
- Five minutes before mixing of ice cream is completed, add chocolate one spoonful at a time (this will give an even disbursement).
- Freeze for 4 or more hours or serve soft. ENJOY!
- For best results, freeze homemade ice creams for 4 or more hours to fully harden.
- BAILEYS is an alcoholic beverage therefore, freezing time may be longer than nonalcoholic ice creams.
- Connie Chong/URBAN BAKES is in not held responsible for under aged drinking or consumption of alcohol. Please consume responsibly.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes