- 1 package (2 ct.) rolled pie crust
- 2 medium apples, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped (optional)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly flour a clean countertop. Use a rolling pin to roll pie crusts. Cut out 8 circles using a large round cookie cutter.
- Gently insert 4 pie crust circles individually into its own muffin well. Leave extra room of pie crust over the lip of the muffin well. This will be used to pinch and seal the bottom and top of the pie crusts together.
- In medium bowl, combine and stir apples, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and almonds until evenly coated. Spoon apple mixture evenly into each of the 4 pie crust-coated muffin wells.
- Place the remaining 4 cut out pie crusts on top of each mini pie. Pinch the edges together. Design of folding is optional at this point.
- Lightly brush egg over pie crust and slit 3 to 5 small vents.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into an opening of the pie can poke through a apple piece smoothly without friction. ENJOY!
- Cuisine: American