The easiest one bowl classic fudge brownie with a beautiful shiny flaky crust.
Yesterday you saw my deliciously boozy Baileys Irish Cream Brownie Chocolatini. Today, you’ll see (part 2 of 3) the homemade brownies I made for it. It’s of my very own tried and true recipe. One I’ve made countless of times and never fails me.
I’ve been hesitant in showing you this recipe thinking there are so many out there, so why mine? Why another classic brownie recipe? But when you make it enough times, you’re able to determine how much or how little you need to adjust certain ingredients to your liking.
I am by no means a professional recipe developer (although I try to create everything on my own) so when I come up with something and it works, I try it again. If it works again aaand again then, I know I’ve got something going here and you better believe, I will announce it to the world. Because I’m proud!
How many times have you made brownies from scratch only to have it end up too cake-like, dry, not fudgy enough or lacked the flaky cracked top?! That irks me sooo bad. A brownie is not a brownie if it’s not fudgy with a flaky top. Let’s not forget that this is the reason why brownies differ from any other square or bars known. So unless your goal is to go for a cake-like version of a brownie such as Betty Crocker’s Spicy Mexican Brownie then, I can understand.
You just can’t say no to Betty.
So as the name implies here’s my recipe, a one-bowl fudge brownie that’ll always remain a classic. I hope you try it, like it, love it and share it. And if you do, tell me about it too.
Part 2 of a 3-part series
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider commenting & rating below. I love to see your feedback and help answer any questions. Don’t forget to check below for related recipes.
URBAN BAKES is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Influencer Program, an influencer/affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn (at no additional cost to you) by linking to https://amazon.com/shop/urbanbakes. Note that links advertised are products and/or services we’ve used, enjoyed, and want to share with you. Thank you for shopping and supporting URBAN BAKES!Print
The easiest one bowl classic brownie with a beautiful shiny flaky crust.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with aluminum foil leaving excess foil hang over two opposing sides for easy removal. Grease and flour bottom and sides of the foil; set aside.
- In medium bowl, melt butter in microwave on HIGH at 30 second intervals, stir and repeat if necessary until fully melted.
- Whisk in sugar and cocoa. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in flour until flour is completely blended in cocoa.
- Pour evenly into pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. ENJOY!
This is a thick batter which may require manual spreading in the pan. A rubber or an offset spatula is recommended to ease spreading.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American
More Brownie Recipes