An Eggnog Tres Leches Cake with the Sweet Custard-like Flavor that will Evoke the Holiday Spirit. Splash a bit of your favorite rum and you’ll have people lining up for “boozy” treat!
In my home, if there is one cake that epitomizes the holidays, tres leches cake is it! Favorited by many friends and family, this is one we can’t get enough of. Though it can be enjoyed any time of the year, it’s the holidays when it becomes more eminent. Having a slice is almost expected and we only hope someone will whip this out of the kitchen for us all to enjoy!
Before learning to bake from scratch, the only way I could get a taste of this amazing and unique flavor, would be to trek to the nearest bodega. And although what felt like every other street there was a corner store in my old stomping ground of Queens, NY, there were many times, it was sold out. This is how in demand this cake could be.
These days, I’m loving that I can make it in the comfort of my own home and you can too! It’s a simple sheet cake which avoids having to layer or the need for a clean finish of frosting, which makes this cake all the more easier to make. Additionally, the batter can be made in one bowl which is always a plus in my home = less dishes to wash.
Simply mix all the cake ingredients together and pour in the pan and you will have this lovely golden cake that will test your patience in digging in for a bite too soon! Similar cakes to this eggnog flavored one, is this Chocolate Coconut Malibu Rum Cake and the Original Tres Leches Cake. Just slap on freshly made whipped cream spiked with rum and your favorite holiday sprinkles
As always, best served chilled and everyone will adore you for this sweet dessert!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider giving a star rating. Ratings help others discover my recipes and with the help of your support, it will be greatly appreciated, thank you!Print
Eggnog Tres Leches Cake
- Total Time: 4 hours
- Yield: 13x9 sheet cake 1x
A Tres Leches Cake with the Sweet Custard-like Flavor of Eggnog will Evoke the Holiday Spirit. Splash a bit of your favorite rum and you’ll have people lining up for “boozy” treat!
- 2 1/4 (270 grams) cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (165 grams) light brown sugar
- 3 1/2 (14 grams) teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 (3.5 grams) teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (344 grams) eggnog
- 1 teaspoon (7 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (165 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups (413 grams) eggnog
- 14 oz (396 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz (143 grams) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (59 grams) water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (18 to 35 grams) rum extract or 2 to 3 tablespoons light rum
- 2 cups (474 grams) heavy cream
4 to 6 tablespoons (50 – 75 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (18 to 35 grams) rum extract or 2 to 4 tablespoons light rum
- Ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). In a 13×9-inch baking pan, grease and flour bottom and sides; set aside.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix all cake ingredients together until just combined. Pour evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- FILLING: Meanwhile in a medium bowl, whisk together all filling ingredients; set aside.
- Once cake has slightly cooled but still hot to the touch, using a long-tined fork, poke holes into the cake approximately every 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) apart. Pour the milk mixture evenly onto the cake. Loosely cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours or until majority of the mixture has absorbed.
- TOPPING: In a large chilled bowl using an electric mixer on high speed, beat heavy cream, 2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon (18 grams) rum extract until soft peaks form. Taste and add remaining sugar and rum if desired. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Once cake is ready, spread whipped cream over the cake and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon. Cake best served chilled. ENJOY!
According to McCormick:
- 1/2 teaspoon Rum Extract = 1 tablespoon light rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rum Extract = 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: Latin
Tres Leches Cake Recipes
3 thoughts on “Eggnog Tres Leches Cake”
Eggnog cake??? OMG….. I so have to make this for Christmas! And I love anything condensed milk too. Would be great when I’m entertaining these holidays and I can cut them into small slices so its easier to serve. Thanks!
This was so delicious! What a perfect recipe for the holidays!
You just made tres leches the perfect Christmas dessert!