A Tres Leches Cake with the Sweet Custard-like Flavor of Eggnog will Evoke the Holiday Spirit. Splash a bit of your favorite rum and you’ll have people lining up for “boozy” treat!
- 2 1/4 (270 grams) cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (165 grams) light brown sugar
- 3 1/2 (14 grams) teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 (3.5 grams) teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups (344 grams) eggnog
- 1 teaspoon (7 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs (165 grams)
- 1 1/2 cups (413 grams) eggnog
- 14 oz (396 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz (143 grams) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (59 grams) water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (18 to 35 grams) rum extract or 2 to 3 tablespoons light rum
- 2 cups (474 grams) heavy cream
4 to 6 tablespoons (50 – 75 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (18 to 35 grams) rum extract or 2 to 4 tablespoons light rum
- Ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). In a 13×9-inch baking pan, grease and flour bottom and sides; set aside.
- CAKE: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix all cake ingredients together until just combined. Pour evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- FILLING: Meanwhile in a medium bowl, whisk together all filling ingredients; set aside.
- Once cake has slightly cooled but still hot to the touch, using a long-tined fork, poke holes into the cake approximately every 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) apart. Pour the milk mixture evenly onto the cake. Loosely cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours or until majority of the mixture has absorbed.
- TOPPING: In a large chilled bowl using an electric mixer on high speed, beat heavy cream, 2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon (18 grams) rum extract until soft peaks form. Taste and add remaining sugar and rum if desired. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Once cake is ready, spread whipped cream over the cake and lightly sprinkle with cinnamon. Cake best served chilled. ENJOY!
According to McCormick:
- 1/2 teaspoon Rum Extract = 1 tablespoon light rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rum Extract = 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: Latin