When you want to enjoy Pumpkin and the Holidays at the same time, you go with this Ginger Cookie and Pumpkin Butterscotch Pie. So creamy dreamy, you just can’t get enough of!
Ginger Cookie Crust
- 2 cups (30 cookies) gingersnaps, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup (5.3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup butterscotch instant pudding and pie filling mix
- Heat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients together. Press crumbs onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch round springform baking pan or pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 F. In a large bowl, whisk all filling ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pour pumpkin batter into the ginger cookie lined pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. If necessary, cover only the crust edge with foil to prevent excessive browning and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow pie to cool on cooling rack for about 1 hour before chilling the pie in the refrigerator for an additional hour.
- In medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy. Beat in whipped topping and butterscotch pudding mix until smooth and creamy. Spread over baked filling.
- Garnish with any remaining ginger cookie crumbs. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Cuisine: American