Start this season off with a creamy, spiced, pumpkin ice cream filled between two homemade pepper-spiced ginger snap cookies.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 48 gingersnaps
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk all ingredients together just until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from fridge and stir once more. Slowly pour into the ice cream maker and allow it to churn for 20 minutes or as per manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer ice cream into a chilled bowl and freeze for 2 to 4 hours to harden or serve as soft serve ice cream.
- Once ice cream has hardened, place 1 small scoop of ice cream onto the back of one gingersnap. Place another gingersnap on top and gently squeeze to fit ice cream to the edge of the cookies. ENJOY!
If making ice cream sandwiches ahead of time, double wrap each sandwich with plastic wrap and place into a covered container.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Ice Cream
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, ginger snap ice cream sandwich