The Creamiest, Fluffiest and Luscious Lemon Cheesecake nestled in a Graham Cracker Crust. Topped with a layer of the Easiest Homemade Lemon Curd that truly enhances its own Natural Lemon Flavor. This is one Spring Dessert you do not want to miss!
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 2 cups (240 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons (71 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons (38 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups (267 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) all-purpose flour
- 32 oz (904 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs (220 grams)
- 1 cup (240 grams) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) strained lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (16 grams) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) water
- 3 egg yolks (60 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons (48 grams) lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons (38 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) pure vanilla extract
- CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Using aluminum foil, cover the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch (23 cm) springform baking pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and salt until the mixture resembles wet sand. Pour wet crumbs into baking pan. Use the bottom and sides of a straight edge cup to gently press the crumbs onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside over a wire rack to rest. Reduce heat to 325°F (160°C).
- CHEESECAKE: In a food processor, pulse 1/3 cup (67 grams) of sugar and lemon zest until the zest is broken down. Whisk pulsed lemon-sugar with the remaining 1 cup of sugar and flour; set aside. Note: If you have finely grated lemon, you may skip the food processor step and whisk all 1 1/3 cups of sugar, zest and flour together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer with a paddle attachment on medium-low speed and beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Mix in lemon-sugar and continue to beat until just combined.
- Increase speed to medium and beat in eggs 1 at a time ensuring each egg is fully mixed into the batter before adding the next egg. Do not overbeat.
- Mix in sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Scrape down bottom and sides of bowl and mix for another few seconds until batter is evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into the cooled crust within the springform pan. Place the springform pan into a 13×9 inch (33×23 cm) or larger baking pan. Fill the outer pan with enough hot tap water until it reaches halfway up the springform pan.
- Bake for 90 to 100 minutes or until the center is set, outer edges have puffed and the top is dry. The center may slightly giggle when moved. Turn the oven off and keep the door ajar. Leave cheesecake in the oven for up to 1 hour. Remove from the oven and hot water bath. Remove aluminum foil and allow the cheesecake to cool over a wire rack to room temperature. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen before releasing the spring. Transfer cheesecake onto a plate, lightly cover (preferably use a cake cover to not touch the cheesecake) and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours or longer to set.
- CURD: In a small saucepan, whisk sugar and cornstarch together. Mix in water and egg yolks until no lumps remain. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to stir until it begins to thicken. Quickly remove from heat.
- Whisk in lemon zest and juice until curd becomes uniform in texture, about 2-3 minutes. Straining is not necessary. To remove any lumps for a silkier finish, use an immersion blender to mix the curd, about 1 minute. Spread immediately over the top of the chilled cheesecake leaving about 1/2 inch border around the edge. Chill cheesecake in the fridge to have the curd set.
- WHIPPED CREAM: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks begin to form. Add vanilla and continue to beat whipped cream until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Fit a pastry (piping) bag with a Wilton 4B star tip. Fill bag about 3/4 full with whipped cream, twist the top of the bag to hold in the cream and pipe over the chilled cheesecake in a continuous circular motion. Slice and serve chilled or at room temperature. ENJOY!
- Category: Cheesecake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lemon cheesecake, classic cheesecake, graham cracker crust