- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups raw almonds, sliced or chopped
- 2 cups dried cranberries (optional)
- Heat oven to 325F. Line 17.5 x 11.5 jelly roll pan with parchment paper leaving excess paper slightly over rim for easy removal.
- In large bowl, whisk oil, syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt until just combined. Fold in oats and almonds until thoroughly coated.
- Transfer oat mixture to prepared lined pan. Press mixture into a compact even layer about 3/8-inch thick.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until lightly browned. Carefully remove sheet of granola grabbing the excess parchment paper (with oven mittens on) to a wire rack to cool. Note: the granola will be very hot, it is advised to prevent burning of the granola by quickly removing from the pan to stop the cooking process.
- Once cooled, break granola into desired size pieces, stir in cranberries.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes