I don’t even know where to begin to describe telling you how great these squares are. With three main components to make this mother of goodness how can you not fall in love? Oh and did I mention it’s NO-BAKE?! That’s right, no need to wait by the oven in the hottest month of the year for this treat to set. It’s the perfect alternative to frozen desserts for last minute barbecues. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner.
I’m not crazy over cheesecake, but this here did have me going crazy over it. You may have heard me mention over Facebook how I had to take a breather, away from the kitchen. I almost didn’t have enough batter to make this dessert even exist. You know when you’re supposed to spoon to taste what you make? My mind kept telling me to keep tasting. That’s how good it was.
The sweetness of the sugar added into the cream cheese reduced the sharp flavor. Vanilla extract, put it into just about any dessert and it pretty much tones the flavor to one that’s more palatable. For my favorite part, whipped topping is stirred in to give the dessert a more light and fluffy texture and continues to help reduce any remaining sharpness of the cream cheese. I used non-fat Cool Whip however, any brand or fat content would suffice.
So, not bad for someone who isn’t into cream cheese or cheesecakes in general due to it’s sharpness. But as you can see, it does get reduced by added ingredients. So with that said, if you weren’t into this dessert, did I make you think twice about trying it? Hopefully I did. Or if you already love cheesecakes, you probably went straight for the recipe below. In any case, it’s definitely worth a shot!
Recommended Products for this Recipe
URBAN BAKES is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Influencer Program, an influencer/affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn (at no additional cost to you) by linking to https://amazon.com/shop/urbanbakes. Note that links advertised are products and/or services we’ve used, enjoyed, and want to share with you. Thank you for shopping and supporting URBAN BAKES!
If you enjoyed this recipe, consider commenting & rating below. I love to see your feedback and help answer any questions. Don’t forget to check below for related recipes.Print
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons (71 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons (72 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 6 oz (170 grams) semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 16 oz (452 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz (113 grams) whipped topping, thawed (I used Cool Whip brand)
- Line an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking pan with aluminum foil leaving the ends of the foil to extend over the sides for easy removal; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons (24 grams) sugar until the mixture resembles wet sand. Pour mixture into the lined prepared pan and using the back of a measuring cup, firmly press the crumbs onto the bottom of the pan. Place the pan uncovered in the fridge to chill while preparing the cheesecake.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 15 seconds and stir well until any remaining pea-size lumps melt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low-medium speed, beat cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla. Stir in whipped topping.
- Divide half of the batter into a medium bowl with a little more than half of the melted chocolate, stir until completely blended. Be sure to reserve at least 1 oz of melted chocolate for the drizzle. Pour the chocolate cheesecake batter over the crust and using an angled spatula, evenly spread the batter. Gently pour the regular cheesecake batter on top and evenly spread.
- Using the remaining melted chocolate, drizzle over the cheesecake. Place in the refrigerator uncovered for 3 hours or until slightly firm when lightly touched. Once ready, grab the aluminum foil hanging over the sides to lift the cheesecake from the pan and place onto a cutting board. Slice into squares and ENJOY. Best served chilled.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Bars
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake bars, chocolate and cheesecake, no bake bars, no bake snacks, cream cheese dessert, cream cheese bars
No-Bake Chocolate & Cheesecake Squares slightly adapted from Baker’s.
No Bake Snacks and Sweets
Desserts With Cream Cheese