Get cozy with the warm scent of Praline Pumpkin Bread. Just sweet enough with a perfect tender crumb and an incredible nutty crunch of pecans and a sweet caramel glaze.
- 1 3/4 cups (210 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (245 grams) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (120 grams) buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (110 grams) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- PUMPKIN BREAD: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9×5 inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan. Line with parchment paper leaving excess to hang over two opposite sides for easy removal; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, allspice, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until just combined. Whisk in pumpkin puree, butter, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Fold the pumpkin-mixture into the flour-mixture until just combined ensuring there are no dry flour pockets. Evenly pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle pecans over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs. Allow bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing onto a wire rack to further cool to room temperature.
- PRALINE GLAZE: Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and heavy cream. Allow the mixture to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes while continuously stirring. Once the glaze has thickened and is able to coat the back of a spoon, remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Allow the glaze to cool for 20 minutes before pouring over the bread. If the glaze is hot, it will be thin, and as it cools, it should thicken. Allow glaze to set, about 20 minutes, before slicing. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Rest Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: praline pumpkin bread, fall bread, sweet bread, pumpkin bread, pecan pumpkin bread, 9x5 inch bread, fall baking, fall dessert, fall breakfast