Sweet Plum Slices over Melted Baked Brie with a hint of Mango Chutney is full of surprises all wrapped in a tart shell of Buttery Puff Pastry!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed but chilled
- 2 tablespoons (34 grams) mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves plus 9 small sprigs
- 4 ounces (113 grams) brie cheese, cut into 18 triangles or slices
- 3 small to medium plums, pitted and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large egg (50 grams), beaten
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) turbinado or any course sugar
- 1/3 cup (112 grams) honey
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Unfold the pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the pastry sheet to 12 x 12 inches (30 x 30 cm). Cut into 9 (4-inch) squares.
- Place each pastry square onto the lined baking sheet. Spread 1/2 teaspoon of chutney onto each square leaving a 3/4-inch border. Evenly sprinkle a pinch of thyme leaves over the chutney.
- Fold the corners of each pastry square inward just enough to touch the edge of the chutney. Folding of the corners does not have to be precise. It can go slightly over the chutney. Place 2 pieces of brie side-by-side over the center of the square. Fold the sides in and pinch at the corners to seal. If needed, allow the sides of the pastry to slightly go over the edges of the brie. Push the squares about 2 inches apart.
- Brush egg over the border of each pastry. Sprinkle sugar evenly over the border. Place 4 to 5 slices of plum over the brie. Fan out the slices to get the same look in the image.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges have puffed and are golden brown. A small amount of brie cheese may rise and ooze over the baked pastry. Once cooled, most will sink into the tart shell. Allow tarts to rest on the pan for 5 minutes before removing onto a tray. Upon serving, drizzle honey over the top and place 1 sprig of thyme over each tart. Best eaten warm. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: American