A Financier with the most Delicate, Moist and Chewy Center with a Caramelized Crisp Shell. These Bite Size Miniature Cakes are Baked in less than 15 minutes and have THE most Intense Almond and Nutty Richness and Flavor from the Browned Butter that will leave a lasting impression!
- 5 tablespoons (71 grams) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (42 grams) finely ground almond flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon (113 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (15 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (105 grams) egg whites
- 1/2 cup (56 grams) sliced almonds, toasted
- 12 to 24 raspberries
- Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Using baking spray with flour, generously spray coat bottom and sides of 24 mini tart shells; set aside.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium to high heat, stir butter and cook until golden brown in color and has a nutty aroma, about 6 to 8 minutes. Quickly remove from heat and transfer butter into a small bowl. Note: once butter has melted, keep your eye on it as it can turn dark brown (burn) very quickly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, sugar, all-purpose flour and salt. Using a rubber spatula, stir in the egg whites and continue to mix until smooth and no lumps remain. Stir in browned butter and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter evenly among the prepared mini tart shells, filling about 1/2 full. Place 1 raspberry on its side on top of each cake before baking. Do not press the raspberry into the batter or it will sink to the bottom and stick to the tin. Evenly lay almond slices in a circle around the raspberry. Over a cookie sheet, position each filled mini tart shell about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Once ready, allow financiers to cool the tart shells for up to 5 minutes. To remove financiers from its shell, invert onto a wire rack and flip the financiers upside right to allow further cooling to reach room temperature. ENJOY!
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: financier, browned butter, almond cake, bite size cakes, french pâtisserie