Rustic Maple Apple Walnut Tart is an easy open-faced apple pie variety with crunchy walnuts and sweetened with real maple and brown sugar.
- See post or use 1 box of refrigerated pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup + 2 tablespoon for garnish
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (2 medium) apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Unroll 1 pie crust in 10-inch round tart pan. Trim excess crust just level to the rim.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup syrup, butter, flour and salt.
- Stir in apples and walnuts and pour into crust-lined tart pan.
- Arrange maple leave cut-outs above filling. Brush with milk to give a nice brown toasted color.
- Bake for 45- 50 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
- Remove tart from pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Pie
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple pie, apple tart, maple apple, walnut tart, maple walnut tart