A creamy, silky-rich bittersweet chocolate ganache tart topped with a spread of sweetened dulce de leche and a finished touch of sprinkled salted cashews and sea salt in a tender flaky buttermilk crust.
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold shortening
- 5–7 tablespoons cold buttermilk
- 1 ¼ cups whipping cream
- 12 oz (1 ½ cups) bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup salted cashews, chopped + 2 tablespoons cashew halves
- 1 (13.4 oz) can dulce de leche
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or long-tined fork, cut in shortening until the mixture becomes crumbly about the size of small peas. Add buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Form pastry dough into a ball and flatten into a disk shape on a floured surface. Cover with cling wrap and cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Roll chilled dough onto a floured surface enough to cover the bottom and rim of the tart pan. Press dough into tart pan using your fingertips. Reroll extra pastry scrapes if necessary to cover any holes. NOTE: do not prick crust.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust becomes a light golden brown. If after 5 minutes you begin to see air pockets below the crust, use a wooden spoon or soft spatula to gently press down onto air pockets. Continue to bake. Once done, cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat whipping cream just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and whisk to combine. Stir in ½ cup chopped cashews.
- Pour chocolate mixture into cooled crust and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Once set, spread dulce de leche across top of tart.
- Garnish with cashew halves and coarse salt. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: American