- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- vanilla bean ice cream, optional
- Using a baking spray with flour, generously coat bottom and sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together milk, oil and vanilla. In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, brown sugar, cocoa and baking powder. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the milk-mixture until just blended. Stir in malted milk balls and chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the greased slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, milk powder and boiling water. Pour over batter but do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Allow cake to rest for 15 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with chopped malted milk balls.