Fluffy Cream Cheese Sandwiched between Two Beautifully Studded Soft Baked Carrot Cookies is like having a slice of Carrot Cake in a bite size cookie!
- 1 cup (110 grams) carrots (2 medium), shredded
- 2/3 cup (147 grams) brown sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons (57 grams) unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons (26 grams) vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg (55 grams)
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- 4 oz. (113 grams) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (115 grams) powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats; set aside.
- In a fine mesh sieve over a small bowl, mix carrots and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar. Allow to drain for 10 minutes; discard liquid.
- In a large bowl, melt 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, stir. Mix in oil, vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, remaining brown sugar, cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and baking soda. Add in butter mixture with flour mixture and mix well until just combined. Drop a spoonful of dough 2 inches (5 cm) apart on lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 11 minutes or until set. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 1 minute before transferring to a wire rack for additional cooling.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using a hand mixer beat 2 tablespoons of softened butter, cream cheese, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt until fluffy; about 1 minute. Beat in powdered sugar until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill cookies by generously spreading cream cheese filling onto the flat side of one cookie. Place the second cookie flat side down on top of filling. Repeat for the remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container up to one week in the fridge or eat immediately. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Cuisine: American