Never have bland potatoes again. By a simple ingredient, you can transition your next Home Fries into Spanish Style! Packed with flavor and color. You can enjoy this on the side with eggs, sausage and bacon.
- 12 ounces (340 grams) petite red skinned or baby yellow potatoes
- 3 teaspoons (12 grams) salt
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) salted butter – I used Earth Balance
- 1 small (90 grams) onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) green bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) Goya Sazón con culantro y achiote
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.5 grams) black pepper
- In a large pot over high heat, bring potatoes and 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil for 15 minutes or until tender. Test readiness by inserting a fork into the center of a few potatoes. If the fork pulls out smooth, it’s ready. Drain water and set potatoes under running cold water for 2 to 3 minutes to stop the residual heat from further cooking.
- Once potatoes are cool to the touch, cut each in half and cut each half once more. Set aside over a cutting board to further cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Mix in onions and cook until they appear translucent. Reduce heat to medium. Add red and green peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, mixing frequently to ensure even tenderness. Stir in Sazón.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add potatoes and gently stir until all side of the potatoes are coated with Sazón. Remove from heat. Add remaining salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley, if desired. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
Keywords: home fries, breakfast potatoes