Adorable Mini Cupcakes Resembling Speckled Easter Eggs.
- 1 cup (120 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (110 grams)
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 grams) milk
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups (345 to 460 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 (30 to 45 grams) tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) pure vanilla extract
- Pastel food gel
- 1 tablespoon (7.5 grams) sweetened or unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (18 grams) pure vanilla extract or water
- CUPCAKES: Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 24 mini cupcake wells with a paper baking cup; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in 1 egg at a time. Mix in vanilla. Add in flour mixture alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Pour evenly into baking cups.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- FROSTING: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Add in milk 1 tablespoon (15 grams) at a time until desired consistency.
- Divide frosting into small bowls and mix in pastel food gel coloring of choice. Note: begin adding very little coloring at first. Add more if a darker or more vibrant color is desired.
- Frost cupcakes and set aside for a few minutes to dry.
- SPECKLING: Meanwhile, line working surface area with paper towels. In a small bowl, mix cocoa and vanilla extract. NOTE: read details in post.
- Using one hand to hold onto the brush, take an index finger and flick the chocolate off from the brush towards the frosting of each cupcake. Once speckled, ENJOY!
- Cuisine: American