The EASIEST PIE EVER topped with a true taste of Summer berries and citrus lemon zest over a lightly sweetened marshmallow crème!
I’ve been in a real time crunch lately.
I’ll be going away for a couple of weeks out of the country starting July 3rd. Sadly, I won’t be here to see the annual New York City’s July 4th Macy’s Fireworks which is actually a bummer now that I live in a high rise with a rooftop view literally one block from the water (where the fireworks will be). How crazy is that- that I could have the best seat in the house and I won’t even be here to see it?! I guess I shouldn’t complain. Afterall, I’ll be visiting my routes that I haven’t seen in 15 years!
With that said, I’ll have some fabulous guest posts lined up during that time with a few appearances from me every now and then. So I won’t leave your side completely.
I’m currently making up for my future absence working double time and because time is of the essence, I resort to my handy Pillsbury boxed crusts. Cuts my time right in half and less clean up too! So worth it!
Did I fail to mention how great this recipe is?
It’s super quick. Made in 30 minutes flat and you will have achieved the most refreshing light dessert that’ll make you feel less guilty too. A true taste of Summer berries with citrus lemon zest! The greatest part about this, is the ability to get creative. You can choose a variety of berries and switch out the cute cut-out star crusts for another shape to celebrate any holiday of the year. Since I won’t be around for July 4th, I’m celebrating a bit early. Didn’t want to miss out on all the fun!Print
Starstruck Berry Marshmallow Pies
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 mini pies 1x
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 7.5 oz (half 13 oz tub) marshmallow crème
- 1–2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts. Use a rolling pin to evenly flatten edges.
- From each pie crust, cut out one large square and cut again in half. From the four halves, cut again to make a total of 8 4 1/2-inch squares.
- Roll all sides of each crust about 1/2-inch inward towards the center to create a lip to hold the filling. Lightly brush edges with milk. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown on an ungreased baking sheet. Remove crusts from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, cut out a variety of stars. Brush each star with milk. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake stars on an ungreased baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from baking sheet and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Fold in marshmallow crème and grated lemon peel.
- Evenly spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling onto each cooled pie crust. Top with blueberries and strawberries. Insert stars throughout in between berries.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey and lemon. Lightly brush glaze over berries. ENJOY!
Full-fat versions of ingredients may be substituted for fat-free ingredients.
If marshmallow crème is unavailable, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into beaten cream cheese.
Any variety of berries may be substituted for blueberries and/or strawberries.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Starstruck Berry Marshmallow Pies recipe was adapted from (p.154) Betty Crocker The Big Book of Pies & Tarts.
2 thoughts on “Starstruck Berry Marshmallow Pies”
What way should you store it after finished?
Mainly because of the cream cheese, I recommend storing these in the fridge and pulling one out up to 30 minutes before ready to eat. Hope this helps!