The beautiful natural lavender color is the result of blueberries and cream. It’s texture is rich with a sinful creamy and buttery mouth feel but don’t feel too guilty, it’s sugar free and you won’t even notice! How great is that?!
With just a few ingredients and a bit of patience, you can have this ice cream ready to eat in less than an hour. Perfect for blueberry lovers and for those on a sugar free restricted diet.Print
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In saucepan over medium-high heat, combine blueberries, sugar substitute and salt. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally until salt and sugar substitute completely dissolve. Decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer blueberry mixture into a small bowl and allow to cool in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, whisk heavy cream, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until just combined.
- Combine blueberry mixture with heavy cream mixture and whisk until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Pour into the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. NOTE: if recipe calls for more batter than your machine’s limit, divide batter. Remember freezer bowl must be cleaned and refrozen prior to each subsequent use.
- For thicker ice cream, place into an air tight container and freeze for 2 or more hours.
- If making by bag version, you may follow the same quantities of ingredients. Divide batter into smaller portions into the sandwich bag to prevent overflow.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
Sugar free Blueberry Blast ice cream recipe created by URBAN BAKES.