The Creamiest Grab-n-Go Sweet Potato Bar with a Crunchy Cinnamon-Oat Crumble topping, all on a Buttery Pie Crust.
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons cold buttermilk
- 1 can (40 oz.) sweet potatoes in syrup or canned yams, drained and mashed
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- In medium bowl, whisk flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or long-tined fork cut in butter until the mixture becomes crumbly about the size of small peas. Add buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time and combine dough until the mixture leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Form the pastry dough into a ball over a floured surface, flatten to form the dough into a disk shape. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Roll chilled dough onto floured surface enough to cover the bottom and 1/4 inch up of sides of a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Use the back of a wooden spoon to immediately press down any bubbles. Remove crust and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients with a whisk until well blended. Pour over partially baked crust. Bake 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix topping ingredients: brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Use a pastry blender or long-tined fork cut in butter until the mixture becomes crumbly about the size of small peas. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Serve chilled. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Cuisine: American