Triple Chocolate equals triple the fun in these bite-size fudgy Chocolate Monster Cookies! It’s the perfect quick Halloween recipe to make with kids or for any party!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups M&M’s, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup candy eyeballs
- Line 2 baking sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a small bowl, microwave the chopped chocolate for 30 seconds, stir. Reheat for another 30 seconds and stir. If there are chocolate pieces remaining that are smaller than the size of a pea, continue to stir to allow the small pieces to melt from the residual heat. If chocolate pieces are larger than the size of a pea, reheat once more for 15 seconds and stir. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla; set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment on medium speed, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 45 seconds. Reduce speed to low and gradually add in egg-mixture. Continue to mix until just combined, about 45 seconds. Add melted chocolate in a steady stream and mix for about 30 seconds. If needed, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. While the mixer is on low speed, add in the dry ingredients and continue to mix until just combined. Do not overbeat.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in 1 cup of M&M’s and chocolate chips. Using a small spring-loaded cookie scoop (or 2 teaspoonfuls), shape dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place onto the lined baking sheets. Lightly cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Once ready, heat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Separate the dough balls to about 2 inches (5 cm) apart from each other onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Cookies are ready once the edges are set but the centers are very soft. Do not overbake as the residual heat will continue to “cook” the cookies.
- About 1 minute after removing the cookies from the oven, lightly insert a few candy eyeballs and remaining 1/2 cup of M&M’s randomly on top of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheets to a wire rack. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: triple chocolate, chocolate chip cookie recipe, double chocolate cookies, monster cookies, cookies with candy eyeballs, Halloween cookies