This Truffle Mac and Cheese can be easily portioned into 4 (6-ounce) ramekins or an 8×8 dish. It’s ultra creamy using a blend of gruyere and sweet cheddar cheeses. Full of buttery garlic and thyme flavors with a special emphasis on the star of it all, truffle, making this dish, a sensational one!
- 8 ounces (227 grams) ditalini or elbow pasta
- 2 teaspoons (20 grams) salted butter
- 1/3 cup (46 grams) shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoons (20 grams) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (2 grams) fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dry sherry
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy cream
- 1 cup (240 grams) oat milk or regular milk
- 1/4 cup (31 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (85 grams) gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (85 grams) sweet cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) white truffle oil
- 1/4 cup (15 grams) panko bread crumbs
- In a large pot over high heat, bring pasta to a boil. Remove from heat once pasta is al dente. Drain water and set pasta to the side.
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Set 4 (6 ounce) ramekins over a baking sheet. Spray the bottom and sides of each ramekin with cooking oil; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots and saute until lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes. Mix in garlic, thyme and dry sherry. Heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same large pot used to cook the pasta, over medium-high heat, mix heavy cream, milk and flour until just combined. Bring to a light boil and continue to whisk until sauce thickens, about 5 to 7 minutes. You will feel the sauce thicken by the light resistance during whisking. Remove from heat. Whisk in both cheeses until melted. Mix in sautéed shallot, garlic and thyme. Fold pasta into the sauce until well coated throughout. Stir in truffle oil.
- Spoon about 1 cup of pasta equally into the prepared ramekins. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over the top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and cheese begins to bubble. Allow pasta to rest for 5 minutes before serving. ENJOY!
If baking in an 8×8 inch baking dish, follow through all of the steps above with exception of using a baking sheet.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: truffled macaroni and cheese, truffle mac and cheese