As a Thanksgiving extra or for any time of the year, Turkey Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce is a savory dish with a light tang of cranberry sweetness.
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic or 3 cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil or cooking spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- ½ cup water
- finely chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl using both hands, thoroughly mix all ingredients together and shape meat into 1 to 1 ½-inch balls; set aside.
- Grease a large skillet with oil or generously coat with a cooking spray. Set over medium heat. Place each meatball into skillet, cover, and cook for 8 minutes or until bottom of meatballs are browned. Rotate meatballs and cook for another 8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F and the turkey is cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium-high heat, whisk cranberry sauce and water until smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour sauce over meatballs and reduce heat to simmer. Allow meatballs in cranberry sauce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with added finely chopped parsley sprinkled over meatballs. ENJOY!
Ground turkey with a higher fat content may be substituted for 93% lean ground turkey. Oil may not be necessary.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: American