Super Fudgy, Melt-In-Your-Mouth, Zucchini Brownies with Warm Pockets of Melted Chocolate! Enjoy it Knowing the Health Benefits of Summer’s Favorite Squash!
- 1 1/2 cups (165 grams) zucchini, shredded
- 10 tablespoons (140 grams) unsalted butter, sliced
- 2 cups (340 grams) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup (165 grams) light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (34 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) all purpose flour
- Place shredded zucchini over a paper or cloth towel. Using a second towel, pat down onto the zucchini to remove excess liquid; set aside to dry. The zucchini should reduce down to 1/2 cup (105 grams). If there is slightly more or less than 1/2 cup remaining, this is okay. Note: If greater than 1/2 cup, longer bake time may be needed due to the greater water content therefore, carefully adjust bake time accordingly.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking pan with aluminum foil leaving excess foil hang over two opposite sides for easy removal. Grease and flour bottom and sides of the foil; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter and 1 cup of chocolate chips in microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, stir. Repeat for another 30 seconds, stir until fully melted. If larger than pea size pieces remain, you may repeat heat for 10 seconds then stir. Residual heat will melt any butter or chocolate that is smaller than the size of a pea.
- Whisk in both sugars and cocoa to cool the butter. Beat in vanilla, salt and eggs vigorously for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in flour and the remaining cup of chocolate chips and zucchini. Keep folding and scraping sides of the bowl until the flour is blended in with the cocoa. Batter will be thick. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few dry crumbs. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing brownies onto a rack to further cool. Cut into 16 squares. ENJOY!
Large zucchinis tend to hold more water in the center. If using large zucchinis, it’s best to slice zucchini in half lengthwise and using a soup spoon, scrape out the center and discard the seeds. Continue to shred zucchini.
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: zucchini brownies, veggie brownies, summer brownies