A simple, creamy, homemade almond butter that’s easy to make with just one ingredient, almonds.
- 3 cups (12 oz) raw whole almonds
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes. Using a spatula, flip almonds over and continue to roast for 5 more minutes. Remove and allow almonds to cool for 2 minutes.
- Transfer almonds to a food processor; add salt. Process until almonds begin to stick together, about 8 minutes, scraping the sides down every few minutes. Continue to process until a grainy butter forms, about 2 more minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
- For a creamy butter, process an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer butter to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Cuisine: American