- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 2 cups low sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (garnish)
- tostada chips
- In small bowl, mash avocados with lemon juice. It’s okay to leave it lumpy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium-high heat simmer avocado mixture and chicken broth.
- Slowly add heavy cream, chili and mint; stir.
- Bring soup to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with tomatoes. Serve warm in mini porcelain bowls or cold in small glass bowls with a side of tostada chips.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes