- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned or quick oats
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup carob chips (not chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking pans with silicone mats or parchment paper; set aside. In medium bowl, whisk both flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix shortening, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy; about 1 minute. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and continue to mix.
- Stir in carob morsels. If dough is too dry, hand mix until morsels are evenly dispersed.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough into the shape of a ball, separating about 1 inch apart onto the prepared baking pans. Lightly press the tops of each dough ball to give a slight disk shape.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes before removing. ENJOY!
- Category: Canine
- Cuisine: American